Find out first-hand how Home Start has helped their clients make a new start in life. Click here to see what our clients have to say about Roseville Home Start.
Join Us to Put Roseville Home Start in The Top 10! Roseville Home Start is participating in the Newman’s Own Foundation Holiday Fundraising Challenge. The top 10 fundraising organizations receive an...
Roseville Home Start’s Mission
Roseville Home Start successfully transitions homeless families into affordable, sustainable permanent housing and self- sufficiency, through a system of housing and support services that is comprehensive, flexible, accessible and accountable.
The Major Goals of Roseville Home Start
- To raise the standard of living for homeless families with children, from poverty to self-sufficiency
- To determine the mix of services necessary to assist residents in moving from homelessness to self-sufficiency
- To promote a comprehensive system of care, targeting specific sub-populations, including, but not limited to, victims of domestic abuse, violence, severe and persistent mental illness, alcohol and drug dependence.
- To transition families who have no housing, to permanent housing, where they will reside for at least 24 months.
- To develop innovative ways of assisting homeless persons in the transition from homelessness, and to enable them to live as independently as possible.
- To prevent the recurring cycle of homelessness
Home Start is the only non-profit Transitional Housing Program and Shelter serving homeless children and their families in Placer County. These families include the chronically homeless, mentally ill, substance abusers, victims of domestic violence, teen parents, the disabled, and the general population. We do not extend services to single adults.